SECURITIES AND COMPLEX LITIGATION
Davidson Bowie, PLLC represents clients in a wide variety of investment related litigation as well as prosecuting complex cases against corporate giants. Our mission is always to place the interests of our clients first, whether the claims involve an individual investor, class actions or claims on behalf of an entire state.
Sound investment decisions can only be made when you have full disclosure of accurate information. No money manager, retirement fund or individual investor should suffer undue risk or incur losses due to misrepresentations related to the investment at issue.
Davidson Bowie, PLLC has represented investors in securities litigation against some of the nation’s largest corporations for claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, unsuitable investments, churning and failure to supervise. We have recovered millions of dollars for investors against financial advisors, broker dealers, variable annuity companies and mutual funds:
- Awarded $9.3 million for claims filed by three retired American Airlines pilots against Securities America and their financial advisor in Texas. The award included $3.84 million in compensatory damages, $3 million in punitive damages and $2.41 million in attorney’s fees for, among other things, excessive trading in leveraged Rydex mutual funds. Our firm also represented dozens of retired American Airlines pilots in a multi-million dollar settlement stemming from this trial.
- Awarded $2.2 million for claims against a St. Petersburg, FL broker/dealer to four retired Kansas City Southern railroad workers. The award, which included punitive damages, was directed against InterSecurities Inc., a broker/dealer and registered investment advisor, and two of its representatives in New Orleans, LA. The four claimants, who had opened IRA rollover accounts at the firm, alleged InterSecurities placed excessive amounts of their retirement assets in high-cost, high-fee variable annuities from an affiliate, Western Reserve Life Insurance Co.
- Multiple awards against Morgan Keegan and Co. for investors’ losses in RMK Bond Funds.
- Awards against American General Securities on behalf of Chevron retirees resulting in settlements for additional retirees.
- Confidential Settlements on behalf of retirees against major insurance companies for misrepresentations regarding life insurance policies.
- Confidential Settlements on behalf of homeowners victimized by mortgage lending fraud by national mortgage lenders.
- Awards on behalf of special needs schoolteachers for unsuitable investment advice by a national broker-dealer.
Other Complex Litigation
Davidson Bowie, PLLC has represented clients in a variety of complex cases ranging from class actions to claims on behalf of States for consumer protection and “parens patriae” claims:
- Our firm filed the FIRST opioid case in the country on behalf of a State, seeking to hold drug makers like Johnson & Johnson, Purdue Pharma, and Teva Pharmaceuticals responsible for the opioid epidemic.
- Davidson Bowie, PLLC represents the States of Mississippi, Louisiana, Ohio, and Arkansas in their litigation against the manufacturers and distributors of opioids such as McKesson, Cardinal and AmerisourceBergen.
- Our firm has filed class actions in South Carolina and Florida against StarCraft for their manufacture of thousands of defective church buses that a multi-year investigation revealed failed to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. The result was a multi-million dollar confidential settlement and a NHTSA recall of thousands of vehicles.
- Our firm filed a class action against the largest limousine manufacturer in the nation for manufacturing defective limousines that violate the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- Davidson Bowie, PLLC filed and settled a national class action against Hibbetts Sporting Goods for violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Our firm has represented hundreds of victims of defective automobiles and tires, some resulting in multi-million dollar verdicts.
We are passionate about the representation of our clients.
That passion manifests itself in the dedication we bring to your case.
Consultations with prospective clients are free of charge.
DAVIDSON BOWIE, PLLC
1062 Highland Colony Parkway
200 Concourse, Suite 275
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
Telephone: (601) 932-0028